- US Visas & Immigration
Ask a Visa & Immigration Lawyer
US Visa and Immigration Lawyer
Online Now
 letters left
Answers to US visa and immigration questions
A Service of  A Service of The National Association of Foreign-Born     The National Association of Foreign-Born
Related Articles
Share This Article:
Click for Overview | See Related Articles box for more topics »

USCIS Duplicate Notice of Approval

Immigration Forms & Fees

USCIS Duplicate Notice of Approval Immigration Form I-824

International Money Transfer - International Money Order

Why Would I Need a Duplicate Approval Notice from USCIS?
You may wish to ask for a duplicate notice of approval if you have found out that your USCIS application or petition has been approved and:

  • You need a new copy to replace a lost copy, or
  • You never received the original notice of approval.

For example, if your petition to bring a relative to live in the United States as a Green Card holder was approved (Form I-130), but you lost the original notice, you may ask for a duplicate notice of approval. You should plan to make a copy of the approval notice for your own records, especially if the immigration visa may not be issued for a long time.

How Do I Request a Duplicate Notice of Approval from USCIS?

You must file USCIS Form I-824 (Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition) with the appropriate fee at the USCIS office that approved your original application or petition. You must file Form I-824 while the original application or petition is still in effect. Detailed information is provided in the instructions for Form I-824.

Forms are available online, or by calling 1-800-870-3676, or by submitting an online request to receive forms by mail. Further information on visa and immigration forms, filing fees, and fee waivers is available in USCIS Forms / INS Forms and Other US Immigration Forms, Fees & Filing Locations.

HELP! with a Duplicate Notice of Approval from USCIS

  • Have a specific question? To help you find an answer quickly, we have placed "Ask a Visa & Immigration Lawyer" boxes on this page. Simply type a question in any of the boxes to receive a response online from a visa and immigration lawyer.

  • For assistance within the U.S., contact your nearest USCIS District Office or Sub Office. This link provides telephone numbers, addresses, directions, office hours, local filing procedures, and more.

  • Or, call the national USCIS toll-free information service at 1-800-375-5283.

  • For assistance outside of the U.S., contact the nearest U.S. Consulate or Embassy.
Guides from Our Sponsors
Mortgage GuidesLearn to Study Guide
Health Insurance Plans
Your use of this website indicates your agreement to be bound by our Terms of Use. The information provided in this site is not legal advice, is intended to provide basic understanding in summary form, may not be comprehensive, is subject to change, and may not apply to you. Your individual circumstances should be confirmed with the appropriate government agencies or an attorney.
A Service of  A Service of The National Association of Foreign-Born
The National Association of Foreign-Born