USCIS Duplicate Notice of Approval
- You need a new copy to replace a lost copy, or
- You never received the original notice of approval.
For example, if your petition to bring a relative to live in the United States as a Green Card holder was approved (Form I-130), but you lost the original notice, you may ask for a duplicate notice of approval. You should plan to make a copy of the approval notice for your own records, especially if the immigration visa may not be issued for a long time.
How Do I Request a Duplicate Notice of Approval from USCIS?
You must file USCIS Form I-824 (Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition) with the appropriate fee at the USCIS office that approved your original application or petition. You must file Form I-824 while the original application or petition is still in effect. Detailed information is provided in the instructions for Form I-824.
Forms are available online, or by calling 1-800-870-3676, or by submitting an online request to receive forms by mail. Further information on visa and immigration forms, filing fees, and fee waivers is available in USCIS Forms / INS Forms and Other US Immigration Forms, Fees & Filing Locations.
- Have a specific question? To help you find an answer quickly, we have placed "Ask a Visa & Immigration Lawyer" boxes on this page. Simply type a question in any of the boxes to receive a response online from a visa and immigration lawyer.
- For assistance within the U.S., contact your nearest USCIS District Office or Sub Office. This link provides telephone numbers, addresses, directions, office hours, local filing procedures, and more.
- Or, call the national USCIS toll-free information service at 1-800-375-5283.
- For assistance outside of the U.S., contact the nearest U.S. Consulate or Embassy.