- US Visas & Immigration
Ask a Visa & Immigration Lawyer
US Visa and Immigration Lawyer
Online Now
 letters left
Answers to US visa and immigration questions
A Service of  A Service of The National Association of Foreign-Born     The National Association of Foreign-Born
Related Articles
Share This Article:
Click for Overview | See Related Articles box for more topics »

EB-3 Visa - Green Card for Professionals or Skilled Workers
Third Preference, Employment-Based Immigration

Green Card - EB-3 Visa for US Immigration of Professionals or Skilled Workers

EB-3 Visa Green Card Professionals Skilled Workers US Employment Immigration

International Money Transfer - International Money Order

Eligibility for EB-3 Visa Green Card

  • Professionals with a baccalaureate degree (not qualifying for a higher preference category)

  • Skilled workers (minimum two years training and experience)

  • Other workers (requiring less than two years' training or experience)

Professionals must hold a U.S. baccalaureate degree or foreign equivalent degree that is normally required for the profession. Education and experience may not be substituted for the degree.

Skilled worker positions are not seasonal or temporary and require at least two years of experience or training. The training requirement may be met through relevant post-secondary education. The Form ETA-750 (Labor Certification) states the job requirements, which determine whether a job is skilled or unskilled. For more information, please see the Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration Website.

Other workers are in positions that require less than two years of higher education, training, or experience, such as an unskilled worker who can perform labor for which qualified workers are not available in the United States. However, due to the long backlog, a petitioner could expect to wait many years before being granted a visa under this category. See The Preference System: US Immigration Visa Preference Categories for Green Card and Immigrant Visa Numbers: National Visa Center and the US Visa Bulletin for more information.

EB-3 Green Card Visa Application Procedures
Your U.S. employer must file USCIS Form I-140 at the USCIS Service Center that serves the area where you will work. The EB-3 Visa is eligible for Premium Processing. All I-140 EB-3 petitions must include a labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer. There are no exceptions. Additional guidance relating to Department of Labor requirements is found at the Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration Website.

For more information, return to: Employment Immigration Green Cards

Guides from Our Sponsors
Mortgage GuidesLearn to Study Guide
Health Insurance Plans
Your use of this website indicates your agreement to be bound by our Terms of Use. The information provided in this site is not legal advice, is intended to provide basic understanding in summary form, may not be comprehensive, is subject to change, and may not apply to you. Your individual circumstances should be confirmed with the appropriate government agencies or an attorney.
A Service of  A Service of The National Association of Foreign-Born
The National Association of Foreign-Born