US Visa and Immigration Guide
US Visa Immigration Guide
- Overview of the resources on this site that help you with immigration and US visas, the US entry process, forms, immediate assistance, and more.
Welcome to our U.S. Visas and Immigration Guide
You are in the right place if you:
- Wish to enter or re-enter the United States
- Are already here on a Green Card (immigrant visa) or U.S. Visa (nonimmigrant visa)
- Want to help an employee, friend, or family member to enter the U.S.
A citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States is generally required to obtain a visa. For an overview, see What is a US Visa?
For Green Card (immigration, or “permanent residency”) visas and issues, you will want to see Green Card Issues (US Immigrant Visas, US Immigration) and check out the Green Card Immigration FAQs.
For business and employment visas, see US Work Visas (US Employment Visas).
If you are preparing to enter the U.S., then you will want to review Entering the US (US Entry), which includes information about the inspection process at the U.S. border, U.S. Customs restrictions on the items you can bring with you, and more.
If you are looking for a specific visa or immigration form, you can probably find it in USCIS Forms / INS Forms and Other US Immigration Forms, Fees & Filing Locations.
If you are outside of the U.S., you will need to visit a U.S. Consulate or Embassy to obtain your visa. Find the one nearest you in US Embassies and US Consulates.
For emergencies in the U.S., you may need to contact a consular official from your own country. See Foreign Embassies & Consulates in the USA
Look for the HELP! section at the bottom of most of our visa and immigration pages. This section will tell you how to contact someone to have your specific questions answered. For a more immediate response, type your question into an "Ask a Visa & Immigration Lawyer" box on each page.
Have a specific question? To help you find an answer quickly, we have placed "Ask a Visa & Immigration Lawyer" boxes on each page. Simply type a question and you will be directed to a visa and immigration lawyer for a response online.
- Green Cards
- Green Card Lottery - Diversity Visa Lottery Program
- Student Visa: Student Visas for International Students, College Study in US and More
- USA Tourist Visa
- Family Immigration Green Cards
- Marriage Visas & Immigration
- International Adoption Immigration
- J-1 Visa - US Exchange Visitor Visa for US Exchange Programs
- US Business Visa
- EB-5 Investment Green Card Immigration Visa
And do not be shy about searching for your specific topic! There is a search box for you to use at the top of every page and at the bottom of the "Related Articles" box.